All too often PSHVTs are asked for information and resources to help young children with their understanding of emotions. Hopefully you will find some advice and useful ideas for resources which best meet the needs of children in your setting.
The core features of emotional development explored are:
- to identify and understand ones own feelings
- to accuratley read and comprehend emotional states in others
- to manage strong emotions and their expression in a constructive manner
- to regulate one’s own behaviour
- to develop empathy for others